Make the most of your lives, rescued Thai cave boys told

A mother of one of the trapped schoolboys shows

A mother of one of the trapped schoolboys shows

The Thai football team rescued from a cave after 17 days underground will not attend the World Cup final due to medical reasons, FIFA has confirmed.

The first footage has emerged from the hospital where 12 Thai boys and their coach are being treated after their dramatic rescue from a flooded cave. "Everyone is strong in mind and heart". The youngest boy, 11, appeared to be asleep under a crisp white sheet. Some are walking around, while others sit up in their beds, waving at cameras and flashing the Spider-Man hand sign from their quarantined unit at the Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital.

Parents watched and waved from behind a glass barrier, their faces vivid with emotion.

Four boys and their soccer coach were rescued on Tuesday, on the final day of a three-day mission to save them all.

A statement from Thailand's public health ministry on Thursday said two boys from the first group rescued on Sunday who were diagnosed with a lung infection were recovering well.

Released on the Thai Navy SEALs Facebook page, the clip showed the boys being stretchered to freedom while wearing wetsuits and diving gear.

The SEALs commander, Rear Adm. Apakorn Youkongkae, said the boys' coach, Ekkapol Chantawong, told SEALs the order the boys should be rescued in.

The group had entered the sprawling Tham Luang cave in northern Thailand to go exploring after soccer practice on June 23 when monsoon rains filled the tight passageways, blocking their escape.

"If you didn't use the water pump in that location, you could only come out with an oxygen tank", ex-SEAL Com Chaiyananta said.

The boy were guided out by a pair of divers though rocky, muddy and watery passages that in places were just a crawl space.

The rescue mission, in which a Thai navy diver died, involved 90 divers who captured the world's imagination as they tirelessly worked to save the boys.

Even for some of the world's most experienced cave divers, it set a new standard for hard rescues.

The rescue was fraught with danger, and took the life of one former Navy SEAL diver. "This mission was successful because of cooperation from everyone", he said.

Police officers took photographs of each other at the massive cave entrance, as pumps continued to suck out huge volumes of water.

Harris was supposed to be on holiday when the British diving team leading the rescue effort requested his expertise.

Health officials said the boys would spend at least a week in hospital and around 30 days recovering at home following more than two weeks trapped inside the flooded Tham Luang cave complex.

The authorities had previously denied the children were drugged but Prayut Chan-o-Cha confirmed that they had been given an anxiolytic "to make them not excited, not stressed". They survived the nine days before they were found by drinking water dripping from the cave walls, officials said.