Rape victim accuses parents of striking deal with culprit

Woman gangraped body set on fire in Pakur

Woman gangraped body set on fire in Pakur

The girl overhead the entire conversation and alleged that her parents did not once disapprove of the bribe and instead asked for advance money so they could start convincing her.

She further said that someone came to their house to hand them Rs 5 lakh as advance money.

Tiwari adds that the girl's parents have been booked under the Juvenile Justice Act and for criminal intimidation, threatening someone to give false evidence and criminal conspiracy.

While the mother of the girl has been arrested, her father is on the run. "The next morning they thrashed me and blackmailed me, saying that they were poor and needed that money", she said in her complaint to the police. Her parents own a small business in the close vicinity.

The girl found the cash and took it to the Aman Vihar police station to lodge a complaint against her parents and narrated the incident to the police. On her complaint, the police registered a case of gang rape and arrested the two accused men.

She said she was purportedly taken to multiple places such as Noida and Ghaziabad where she was repeatedly gang raped.

Police said the girl was assaulted by her parents, and that the accused also got their associates to threaten her.

The girl was counselled and sent to a shelter home till further investigation.

An 18-year-old hailing from national capital has filed a case against his parents for withdrawing a rape case by accepting a bribe from accused. But the girl refused to oblige, resulting in frequent quarrels with her parents. "On April 10, while the parents had gone to the court, the minor girl took out the cash, Rs 4.96 lakhs which was hidden under a bed and went over to police", said the officer.

According to a report in the Times of India, one of the accused in the case who was out on bail, offered money to the parents of the victim in order to settle and withdraw the case.

"They had kidnapped me after which they raped me and left me at an abandoned spot", the girl had told police.