Leinster and Munster's Champions Cup quarter final opponents confirmed

BREAKING Munster's crunch Champions Cup game with Castres delayed three hours

BREAKING Munster's crunch Champions Cup game with Castres delayed three hours

Keith Earls (left) and Simon Zebo celebrate Munster Rugby's first try of the afternoon.

"You go out at the start of the season and you say you need to get a least a home quarter-final and you know if you could have secured a home semi-final that would have been the top prize".

Rhys Marshall added a second try four minutes after half-time, before Munster took over with a further penalty try just before the hour mark.

The French side certainly came to play and they dominated the early possession without creating scoring opportunities, their best attacking moment coming when captain Robert Ebersohn broke through midfield in the ninth minute. Earls and Murray had close-range tries ruled out before referee Ben Whitehouse binned replacement prop Daniel Kotze and soon followed up with the awarding of a penalty try.

Earls was devastating on a 58th-minute kick return, scurrying up towards the Castres 22 before passing for Zebo to brilliantly slice in between the final two defenders and register the bonus point.

Should Leinster get the better of a Saracens side seeking a third consecutive Champions Cup win, they would have home advantage against Scarlets, but would have to travel to if La Rochelle advance at the expense of the Welsh region.

"For a supporter to know that this game was going to be postponed for three hours, go away, come back, stayed until late night to give the support that they did". Even though some guys might have made mistakes in the past, I think Donncha O'Callaghan stated it very well when he said "hate the sin, don't hate the sinner". That is the reason why I came here (to Munster) to be part of something special.

The South African continued: "I said on the first day when I came here for the Racing 92 game (last October), Thomond Park has got magic, the magic is what the people deliver. It's going to be a massive challenge and as always the fans will turn up, so we'll make sure we turn up as well and we'll pull that win through". "I'll get a bit of distance from rugby now and enjoy tonight, get my thoughts in line and as a squad we'll reconvene in a week's time and go from there". I am very proud to be part of this. If you don't adapt on days like these (delay in kick-off), things can go wrong and I am happy with that win.

The South African explained: "For the three-hour delay, together with manager Niall (O'Donovan) and the coaches and the senior players, we made a decision to go back to the hotel, treat it as a new game. It was quite an easy ride back to the stadium but well done to the management and the players for the way we adapted to the conditions of the day".