Stotfold-born Natalie Seymour, 22, found dead in Cambodian hotel

Trip of a lifetime Natalie Seymour on a boat near Koh Thonsáy island posted just days ago

Trip of a lifetime Natalie Seymour on a boat near Koh Thonsáy island posted just days ago

"They died after overdosing on medicines that they took themselves".

The pair are believed to have died after taking over-the-counter medicine from a chemist, bought because they were feeling unwell.

Pictures on her Instagram showed her on trips to the islands of Bali and Gili Trawangan in Indonesia.

"They chose to sleep it off but never woke up again or that's what I hoped", she added.

Natalie's mother said she last heard from her daughter via a Whatsapp message, before police called at her home this morning with the news.

"I don't know if they'll want an autopsy to determine cause of death, because nobody knows".

"She told us every day where she was going to be going and what she was going to be doing, she always really wanted to travel and just wanted a break from work".

"It was definitely not murder because we did not find any marks or bruises on their bodies".

Abbey Gail Amisola, of Winnipeg, was travelling in southeast Asia with pal Natalie Seymour.

Tragically staff at the hostel found them unresponsive a few hours later and the pair were taken to Kampot provincial hospital, but they could not be revived.

"It seems they were very close friends who were travelling together".

The two women met a year ago in Bali and became instant friends Seymour's mother, Wendy, told the Mail.

The officer ruled out any suggestion they may have committed suicide together.

Natalie Seymour, aged 22, has been found dead in a Cambodian hotel, where she had been staying while travelling in Southeast Asia.

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson told MailOnline today: 'We are supporting the family of a British woman who has died in Cambodia, and are in contact with the local authorities investigating her death'.