Mumbai Indians play Delhi Daredevils next on April 22 while Kings XI Punjab will be up against Gujarat Lions on April 23. Those 50 runs from two overs gave Kings XI a significant boost.
Mumbai captain Rohit Sharma has not been opening because he feels his experience is needed in the middle order. The knocks that Nitish Rana has played till now have come at number 3 batting position. In the first ball of the 15th over, Rana raced to his third fifty of the competition in only 29 deliveries by edging out a six off Ishant Sharma. They scored 81 runs which mostly included boundaries and sixes. Spinner Axar Patel is likely to be part of the playing 11 as well. The KXIP bowling is also not in great shape, so overall, they need a lot of work if they are to advance.
Maxwell started off with two consecutive boundaries off medium pacer Jasprit Bumrah before smoking McClenaghan for two back to back sixes and then two fours to finish off the over.
Fast bowlers have the worst average in Indore out of all the venues this season.
They know who the openers are, who comes in at No.3, No.4 and who the finishers are with the bat. Starting at an obvious disadvantage, or so one thought, Hashim Amla and Shaun Marsh drove the powerplay score to an acceptably good 46 for 1, something that looks minuscule when compared to Mumbai Indian's tally of 82 for 1. Against right-arm bowlers, he has made 130 runs in 111 balls.
Kieron Pollard-Stemming up from his rather poor Big Bash League, the West Indian batsmen finally returned to form when he struck 70 off just 47 deliveries to gift his side a high-flaming victory over RCB at Chinnaswamy stadium. Marsh was the aggressor of the two, scoring 26 of those runs. The last six overs produced an astounding 87 runs after KXIP were 111 for two at the end of the 14th over.
In six innings, Rohit has been dismissed by Sandeep Sharma twice, with the Mumbai batsman managing only 18 runs off 19 balls.
On the other hand, hosts Kings XI Punjab will be looking to regroup in this important match.
NZ seamer Mitchell McClenaghan had no answer as Glenn Maxwell smashed his bowling for 28 runs in one over. He slammed a massive six over mid-wicket in the very first over and then, scored a boundary off a defensive push in the next over.
- Pence: US not seeking North Korea negotiations
- N.D. congressman: Spicer comments 'not without some validity'
- La razón por la que Facebook está eliminando miles de perfiles
- Manifestaciones contra Maduro dejan dos muertos en Venezuela
- Lana Del Rey "Lust for Life" ft. The Weeknd (Estreno del Sencillo)
- Primeras imágenes de Code Vein el nuevo juego de Bandai Namco
- Hacen minuto de silencio...por jugador de Santos presente en el campo
- China EV start-up Nio to sell mass-production car next year
- Venezolanos en Honduras protestan contra el Gobierno de Nicolás Maduro
- Santiago asiste a la reunión del Consejo Federal de Cultura