Details behind the shooting are still developing, so many are left wondering: What exactly happened in Paris? And what can you say - it just never ends.
"It looks like another terrorist attack".
"It is a very, very awful thing that's going on in the world".
"We have to be strong, we have to be vigilant, and I've been saying it for a long time", Mr. Trump added. The assailant was killed in the showdown with police, Paris police have said.
One eyewitness said a man got out of a vehicle and began shooting "with a Kalashnikov", hitting a policeman.
The unidentified shooter was then reportedly killed by security forces. The shooter was shot dead by police, officials said.
At approximately 5:30 p.m.
French President Francois Hollande has scheduled an emergency meeting following shootings of officers, while another emergency ministerial meeting is to take in place on Friday. "And this is a very delicate period for them, just three days before the election", the Italian prime minister said.
ISIS has claimed credit for the attack. A second man, suspected of being linked to the shooting, surrendered himself in Belgium.
The identity of the attacker wasn't immediately known, but Paris police said he targeted police officers along the high-profile Champs-Elysees shopping district.
- Promotion to Premier League is our reward, says Brighton's Chris Hughton
- Vinson carrier group expected off Korea in late April
- Government must be enabler, not regulator: Modi
- Barcelona vs. Juventus: Dani Alves besó escudo azulgrana en el Camp Nou
- Suspect In Gun Shop Robbery Mailed 161-Page Manifesto To Trump
- Trump to Bannon and Kushner: Work this out
- Trudeau Proposes Bill To Legalize Recreational Pot
- Bucks abruman a Raptors y lideran 2-1 en la serie
- Tiroteo en Campos Elíseos deja un policía muerto y otro herido — París
- Si México no solicita extradición, Guatemala podría liberar a Javier Duarte