New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski crashed Spicer's White House press briefing on Wednesday.
The five-time Super Bowl champion has referred to President Trump as a friend and has said that he's "always had a good time with him".
Reiss published a statement, attributed to Brady, which said: "In light of some recent developments I am unable to attend today's ceremony, as I am attending to some personal family matters".
Most of the players for the New England Patriots were at the White House Wednesay to take a victory lap after their Super Bowl win over the Atlanta Falcons. Star quarterback Tom Brady, who drew controversy over his friendship with Mr Trump, was not in attendance. Hernandez was acquitted just days ago of the 2012 shootings of two other men in Boston.
Kraft's company donated $1 million to Trump's presidential inaugural committee, according to filings released Tuesday.
The press secretary, who is a Patriots fan, responded by saying, "I think I got this but thank you".
Brady also opted to not to visit the Obama White House after the Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.
The former New England Patriots player, who was serving a life sentence for murder, was found hanging in his cell by corrections officers.
Patriots players did not speak about Hernandez's death at the White House and team officials earlier said they would not comment.
Trump worked some politics in, too, when he explained more about the election eve letter he read from Bill Belichick to a New Hampshire crowd last November.
"I've had the great privileged to be here several times, but this one, th way we were treated the opportunity to be in the Oval Office and be with the President, and see the inside of the White House, has just been fabulous", Belichick said of Wednesday's visit.
Six other Patriots also didn't attend the event.
Kraft compared the comeback and long odds to Trump's campaign for the presidency, saying in the primaries Trump "faced odds nearly as long as we faced in the fourth quarter".
Kraft, who presented Trump with a championship ring before Belichick gave Trump a commemorative helmet, joked that Trump's White House bid faced "odds nearly as long as we did" in the Super Bowl.
- Sanders headlining event aimed at boosting Democrats
- El Estado Islámico reivindicó el ataque contra la Policía francesa — París
- Venezuela: un militar muere y suman tres los fallecidos durante protestas
- Ya son tres los muertos en Venezuela
- Mattis Discusses Security Cooperation After Egypt Visit
- Nintendo sold nearly a million Switches in a single month
- Estados Unidos descarta negociar, por ahora, con Kim Jong-un
- FMI destaca fortaleza de México para mantener línea de crédito flexible
- Time reveals its 100 most influential people for 2017
- Pique confident team can lift itself up from Juventus loss