"I want to be clear that this book is a personal project", she said in the statement.
She will also forgo a book publicity tour to avoid using her government perch to promote her private product, the New York Times reported.
The Ivanka M. Trump Charitable Fund is donor-advised, with Ivanka Trump serving as the grant adviser and sole member of IT WWW Pub LLC, the organization that receives royalties from the book sales.
In announcing her plans to donate $100,000 each to the National Urban League and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Ivanka Trump released a statement calling the book part of a continuing effort to empower women that "has been central to my mission throughout my career". The first grants, worth $100,000 each, will support an Urban League program for entrepreneurs, and a Boys & Girls Clubs' program on science, technology, engineering and math for girls and underrepresented youth.
Ivanka Trump continues to play an outsized role in her father's administration, compared to her stepmother Melania Trump, who only sporadically dips into D.C.
WASHINGTON (AP) - Ivanka Trump will participate in a panel discussion on women's economic empowerment during an official visit to Germany next week.
The announcement comes days after her eponymous clothing line, from which she stepped down in January and put her assets into a trust controlled by her brother- and sister-in-law, received three preliminary trademarks from China over the same weekend that she dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago.
Last year, Trump skipped a Republican debate to raise money for veterans' charities.
She noted that the manuscript was finished before the 2016 election. Ivanka Trump says she has stepped away from daily management of the business, established a trust to oversee it and will recuse herself from any issues that present conflicts. After almost 100 days in office, one Trump is staying on message.
- 'He's Not Stopping!' Car Dragged Along Freeway by Truck for Miles
- Canadians to buy British engineer rival WS Atkins in £2bn deal
- Liberum Capital Indicates Potential -21.61% Decrease In Shares Of Rio Tinto PLC
- Canciller Rodíguez sostuvo reunión con secretaria de la AEC
- AmEx profit beats as higher spending blunts partnership losses
- Karime, esposa de Duarte, salió de Guatemala rumbo a Londres
- Chelsea, Tottenham dominate PFA Team of the Year
- $25 Million in Federal Funding Coming to Combat NY Opioid Addiction
- Estados Unidos prepararía cargos para lograr captura de Assange
- Supreme Court blocks Arkansas execution in victory for death penalty opponents