"Her entire party is deeply complicit in a series of scandals and she will not be able to explain this to the people of West Bengal", Rao told ANI.
Adding fuel to the growing talk of formation of a third front, Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said the "regional parties are enough to tackle the BJP".
Significantly, in his recent visit to Kolkata, Dr Surendra Jain, the worldwide Joint General Secretary of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) had said there had been rallies at 540 places across the state, Ram puja was organised at over 650 places and more than 20 lakh people had participated in the celebration. "They divide parties.Sometimes they purchase ministers and MLAs". They create division among Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, tribals and Scheduled Caste people.
To a question on the proposed federal front, Banerjee said, "That is my consistent effort". I am proud of my religion. "We love regional parties and we want regional parties to persist and grow".
Another chief minister, Bihar's Nitish Kumar, has initiated the process of bringing anti-BJP parties together, requesting Congress president Sonia Gandhi yesterday to take the lead on that. Therefore, I say all regional parties are there. "Secular parties are always secular and are together", she said. Asked whether she finds a natural ally in Patnaik's BJD, she said: "We have great respect for the party". "But we are not afraid", Mamata said. "I have invited her to lay the foundation stone for the West Bengal Bhavan in Puri".
Janata Dal (United) leader Rajeev Ranjan said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has its existence in politics courtesy the regional parties. On the approaching presidential poll, Mamata said it was "too early to discuss the issue".
The Trinamool Congress supremo claimed that she and her party are being constantly targeted by the BJP for opposing the central government's demonetisation move. "I have the best of relation with him".
Banerjee also asked her party workers present at the meeting to consolidate the party in the state and help the neighbouring states when needed. "Riots can not be religion", she added.
- Warriors' Durant (calf) won't play in Game 2
- PartyNextDoor's Zayn Malik Collab "Still Got Time" Gets the Visual Treatment
- Cavaliers overcome deficit to go up 3-0
- Pound surge suggests UK election will yield smoother Brexit
- Ahora también por corrupción, renuncian a Olivetti Paredes del INJEO
- China signs over 130 transport pacts with Belt and Road countries
- Birmingham turns to Redknapp after Zola debacle
- Reportan afectación vial en Circuito Interior por volcadura de pipa
- Confirman segunda muerte en Venezuela por protestas de la oposición
- Spray from Saturn's moon suggests it could support life