In recent weeks, O'Reilly has been the subject of major controversy after a New York Times article revealed that he had settled with five women over sexual harassment allegations for a total of about $13 million. Roger Ailes, the founding CEO of Fox News, was paid more than $40 million, the remainder of his contract when he was forced to resign last summer.
"I endured two hours of being grilled by four Fox attorneys", she said.
Fox News's top political commentator, Bill O'Reilly, recently got the boot from the network after damaging sexual assault allegations surfaced about the longtime host.
Representatives at Fox News and its parent Twenty-First Century Fox Inc were not immediately available for comment.
"So no formal sending to Rupert [Murdoch] until after the call", O'Reilly wrote in the email, adding, "You all should know that I will not put up with much more from FNC".
Fox News has chose to part ways with star host Bill O'Reilly following allegations of sexual harassment, NY magazine reported on Wednesday, citing anonymous sources briefed on the discussions.
The network quickly replaced O'Reilly with Tucker Carlson, who moved into the 8 p.m. time slot. That comes from CNN Money, whose anonymous, "well-placed" sources say that Fox is on the hook for one year's salary as part of O'Reilly's exit agreement, which in this case means up to $25 million.
Indeed, he was the linchpin in the network's highly lucrative primetime lineup, where his show was the No. 1 cable news program for 16 years and this year was averaging close to 4 million viewers each night.
The women either worked for O'Reilly or appeared as guests on his programme.
- Estallaría una guerra nuclear en cualquier momento
- Turkish PM warns opposition against street protests
- Maduro Says Ready for Elections Amid Anti-Government Protests in Caracas
- Arkansas carries out first execution since 2005
- Trump says shooting in Paris looks like 'terrorist attack'
- Arkansas governor disappointed by court ruling
- Obama's call hints at support for Macron in French election
- Paris gunman 'detained in February for threatening police'
- Drift analysis says MH370 likely crashed north of search
- Panneerselvam's 'no' to Sasikala family for AIADMK unity