PARIS French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron spoke with former USA president Barack Obama on the phone on Thursday, in an apparent sign of support just three days before the first round of an uncertain presidential election.
Francois Fillon, right, former French Prime Minister, member of the Republicans political party and 2017 French presidential election candidate of the French centre-right, is greeted by supporters as he arrives to attend a campaign rally in Lille, France, Tuesday, April 18, 2017. Then - assuming none of those candidates get over 50% of the vote (they won't) - the top two candidates will go on to face each other in phase two; a run-off set for May 7. "We saw (President Donald) Trump, we saw Brexit.so I'm mistrustful", he said.
Independent centrist Macron met Wednesday with the head of leading French Muslim group CFCM, Anouar Kbibech, just ahead of Sunday's presidential election first round.
She has linked the terrorism arrests yesterday to immigration.
He also wants France to quit North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
Polls done in advance of the first round of voting show Macron and challenger Marine Le Pen, the leader of France's far-right National Front Party, with a slight edge, according to The Washington Post. But the race to succeed the deeply unpopular socialist President Francois Hollande has tightened in recent weeks.
A poll by the BVA firm published Wednesday evening said Macron led with a one-point advantage over Le Pen, with Fillon and Melenchon four points behind.
While prosecutors haven't identified the potential targets, Le Pen said on BFM television that "we are all targets".
Ms Le Pen said she only wanted the French flag behind her in the shot.
- 'GTA 5 Online' In-Game 4/20 Deals, New Game Mode Announced
- Drinking beetroot juice before exercise boosts brain performance
- Georgetown University renames buildings for enslaved people
- Detenido por corrupción expresidente de la Comunidad de Madrid Ignacio González
- Swedish cops: Terror truck driver known to authorities
- BP's leaking Alaska well stops spraying crude oil, still emitting gas
- Argentina condena ataques contra iglesias coptas en Egipto
- Bradley Cooper dirigirá a Lady Gaga en A Star is born
- Sadio Mané Named to PFA Team of the Year
- Some veterans may go to 'MinuteClinics' for minor illnesses