Scary! Dustin Johnson just told me: "I was hitting the ball better today than I was when I injured myself, so that was a lot of fun." Wow.
Johnson went to Augusta National the next day hoping to tee it up in Round 1, but after a brief practice session where he was experiencing significant pain, he chose to withdraw one minute before his scheduled tee time.
It was a huge disappointment for the United States star, who is in the form of his life and had won his three previous starts heading to Augusta. It's a little tight, but I can swing just fine. "Hardly any issues. I would say it's about 85, 90%".
It was a huge blow for golf fans, many of whom were hoping to watch the tournament favorite attempt to win his second major championship and fourth straight event. "I was laying on the couch or in bed, so I really couldn't do anything else".
"I felt good probably since about last Monday. Today was good. I hit balls all the way through driver and I was fine, so that was very reassuring".
Given the latest health bulletins, DJ appears to be on track to return to competition, as planned, at the May 4-7 Wells Fargo Championship in Wilmington, N.C. "That's one thing I don't want to do anymore". I just kind of took it easy, just been training a little bit, taking care of it so I won't have any issues.
- Sharks hammer Oilers 7-0, tie series at two wins each
- Joss Whedon talks about casting Batgirl
- S. Africans launch new movement to oust president
- Carnival Corp (CCL) Releases Q2 Earnings Guidance
- Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez hangs self in MA prison cell
- Noteworthy Price Swings: Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD) , Carnival Corporation (NYSE:CCL)
- Trump firmará hoy orden para revivir ley que permite restringir importaciones
- Lumber train derails on northern Vancouver Island injuring two
- Chen throws seven no-hit innings in Marlins win against Mariners
- Monaco vs Dortmund Champions League 2017 quarterfinal