North Korea paraded its intercontinental ballistic missiles in a massive military display over the weekend, with ruler Kim Jong Un looking on with delight as his nation flaunted its increasingly sophisticated military hardware amid rising regional tensions.
US Vice-President Mike Pence, on a trip to Asia, has repeatedly warned that the "era of strategic patience" with North Korea is over and on Wednesday said it would meet any attack with an "overwhelming response".
US House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, on a visit to London, said the military option must be part of the pressure brought to bear. And Korea had been the most industrialized country after World War II. -South Korean military exercise an "aggressive war drill".
Hwang and Pence on Monday reaffirmed their plans to go ahead with the THAAD, but the decision will be up to the next Korean president.
A video showed missiles flying towards the United States, before the U.S. flag went up in flames. She said members are working on a statement responding to the latest North Korean missile launch that failed. "North Korea needs to realize don't give us a reason and we won't have a reason to fight".
North Korea's state television aired a show which ended with a mock-up video of missiles engulfing the United States in flames. But they said Russian Federation objected because a sentence in the draft expressing the council's commitment "to a peaceful, diplomatic and political solution to the situation" dropped the words "through dialogue" that had been in previous statements.
The Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the North's ruling Workers' Party, did not mince its words in a commentary, saying North Korea was fully prepared for any USA attack.
- Man killed 4 in Fresno, posted disdain for whites on Facebook
- Slow down for Azac Day
- F1 2017: Lewis Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix
- Uber for business expands its services with Uber Central
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Investors Catching Stocks Coeur Mining, Inc. (CDE)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill announces first price hike in three years
- La inflación en la provincia fue de 2,8% en marzo
- Según el FMI, la inflación será del 21,6% en 2017
- Trump 'Buy American' edict may have little impact on US steel