According to Nintendo, these numbers make the Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. With the NPD Group's March results nigh, the Nintendo Switch has become the Japanese giant's fastest selling console in the United States, with 906,000 units sold in March.
Nintendo will reveal more details on its earnings and upcoming roadmap during its Fiscal Year 2017 earnings call on April 27, 2017, and we'll keep you updated with all the juicy tidbits. But it's still too early to tell whether the Switch will be a blockbuster on the scale of the original Wii, which sold more than 100 million units. The demand for the console is very high that makes every retail and online store immediately sold out their newly arrived Switch stocks.
But these are impressive numbers thus far, and it shows powerful momentum for Nintendo's console, far more than what it accomplished with the Wii U years ago.
You didn't read that wrong: there were more copies of Breath of the Wild sold on Switch than there were Switches themselves.
For comparison to Breath of the Wild, Nintendo said back in 2006 that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which launched alongside the Wii, sold 454,000 copies in its first week. "Looking ahead, we are excited to share more about our plans for Xbox One, including launching the world's most powerful console - Project Scorpio - alongside an fantastic lineup of new Xbox One games", they said in a note.
Just hours after announcing the discontinuation of the hit NES Classic Edition console, Nintendo is trumpeting record sales of its new Switch video game console. The rendering of the game on the Nintendo Switch is astounding, with sharp and bright screens with powerful stereo speakers. They include Mario World, Mario Kart, ARMS, Minecraft, and Splatoon 2.
Nintendo will continue to support the Switch with a steady stream of releases over the next couple of months.
- McCarthy & Stone PLC (MCS) Receives GBX 210.10 Average Target Price from Analysts
- Arsenal revive top-four challenge with win over struggling West Ham
- FMI recorta crecimiento de Chile a 1,7% en 2017
- Kuchar hits hole in one at Masters
- Sonriendo, llega "Sonrisas" Duarte a la audiencia
- Supreme Court allows NDMC to e-auction Taj Mansingh hotel
- North Korea UN envoy warns of possibility of nuclear war
- Man Utd midfielder Lingard: Herrera put in real shift
- Muere joven que recibió un disparo durante marcha en Venezuela
- Facebook's Vision on Reality