A win was a win, but it wasn't the greatest of performances by Arsene Wenger's side - who admittedly were getting to grips with a new 3-4-2-1 formation - and several Arsenal fans slaughtered left-back Nacho Monreal on Twitter after the game.
Wenger is yet to announce that he is to sign a new deal with the Gunners after first taking over 21 years ago as Arsenal boss, with less than three months remaining on his current contract.
"Yes, I did something I had not done in 20 years - but that just goes to show that even at my age I can still change", he smiled.
The South American's delicious set piece effort - as well as Mesut Ozil's second-half victor - helped the Gunners to only their second league win in their last nine away games, with the team having lost six and drawn one during a testing run that's seen them drop out of the top four.
"Mathematically it is still possible even if it is hard, but we have to give it a go".
"I think due to their pride they made it a hard first half and then when they came back at us and equalised, it was a test for us".
"Overall I felt that it worked quite well today because we won the game".
"It was a committed game that we needed to win".
Following a spirited display against the North London side, Clayton still harbours hopes of top-flight survival despite the club's winless run of 15 league games. It's good for the confidence.
"I couldn't be more proud of the group of players, they gave every ounce of energy over 94 minutes", Agnew said.
"There has been speculation over both players but that does not enter into things when match-day comes because it is all about the game then and they will always give their all".
The three points were badly needed and leave Arsenal within seven points of the top four.
- El juego StarCraft ya se puede descargar gratis para Mac y PC
- Malema: Let ANC MPs Vote In Secret
- State agency handing out free smoke alarms
- China niega que Ivanka Trump registró dos marcas nuevas en el país
- The Biggest Stories From Star Wars Celebration 2017
- Dos muertos en manifestaciones — Venezuela
- Once critical of global deals, Trump slow to pull out of any
- Serena Williams Swept Off Her Feet by Fiancé Alexis Ohanian
- Larry Sanders missed team bus before Cavs cut him
- New England Patriots Slam NYT For Tweet Over White House Team Photo