The BJP, which has been ruling the MCD (Municipal Corporation of Delhi) for past 10 years, has chose to have only new candidates, which means that none of its 153 sitting councilors will contest in these polls and only "new faces" will be given this chance.AAP had a severe setback as the BJP won the "Rajouri Garden" by poll, the BJP now is seeking to retain its ruling position in these MCD elections. "Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Office bearers and karyakartas sent him back from the venue in few Seconds" Bagga Said.
Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP and the Congress Party have consistently been demanding that the poll panel conduct the elections using ballot papers instead of EVMs to rule out the possibility of the machines being tampered with.
The manifesto promised a "transparent and corruption- free" rule. But the latter has set 2019 as the target while the former states how it will be done. "The Congress seems to be a dying party", Lovely said.
He also said that within a year, MCDs would be turned into profit making bodies. "He should give a thought to what he is doing", he said.
He said that the charter will make its officer concerned to inform the complainant or informant about the action taken on the complaint within 24 hours over the telephone. "The attitude needs to change".
Lovely today hit out at Maken after joining BJP, saying that he was "foisted" on Delhi Congress despite losing heavily and even losing his deposit in the 2015 Assembly elections. "Besides, we would control the parking mafia, push outdoor advertisement and effectively issue municipal bonds".
The parties have also approached the health sector quite differently. The BJP, which ruled the unified Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), had also won the three corporations after the trifurcation of MCD in 2012.
He added that he would have continued as a member of the Congress "had someone been available". It would be interesting to see whose manifesto appeals the most to Delhi and how much of it is actually implemented.
- Man held for hoax e-mail about aircraft hijack threat
- Hallan explosivo en camión de atentado en Estocolmo
- Facebook's annual F8 Conference begins in San Jose
- Aaron Hernandez Kills Himself In Prison, Officials Say
- Christie tees off on 'awful' United Airlines in wake of uproar
- "Nuestro objetivo es hacer cinco goles", dice Luis Enrique
- Leicester defender Morgan fit to face Atletico
- VP Pence's message to North Korea: 'The sword stands ready'
- Hyundai launches all new XCent priced upwards of Rs 5.38 lakh
- Cavaliers aren't perfect, but they're still up 2-0 on Pacers