Held for the third year in Kuala Lumpur, the one-day summit aims to educate new customers about Amazon Web Services (AWS) and offer deep technical content to existing customers to enhance their AWS experience.
"AWS Elemental combines deep video processing expertise with the virtually limitless resources of the cloud to power our customers' video processing workflows and give them the tools to flawless the media experience", said Keith Wymbs, chief marketing officer for AWS Elemental, in a press release. They provided insight on developments within the company, over 50 workshops and courses, and the opportunity to connect with employees at Amazon. Amazon Lex also includes built-in connectors that make it easy for conversational apps to access data from popular SaaS applications like Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, and QuickBooks so apps built using Amazon Lex can answer questions like "what are my top 10 accounts in Salesforce" by fetching appropriate data from Salesforce.
Lex is integrated with AWS Lambda, the cloud provider's serverless managed services.
Perhaps the most intriguing new capability that AWS developers will have in their toolbox is Amazon Lex.
"Whatever elements that the users can see and experience on our mobile app and website, rest assured that it runs on AWS". To do that, Amazon is bringing the technology inside Alexa, Amazon Lex, to all customers, the company announced Wednesday. "We are committed to the role that technology plays in enabling consumers, patients, and physicians to achieve better health outcomes and to further the mission of the AHA". As a result, more enterprises are likely to be able to try Lex and build applications.
More generally, though, Amazon sought to emphasize both its current dominance and its vision of cloud computing for the next few years. Without naming names (although, come on, ten bucks says he was talking about Oracle) Jassy went on to decry the "lock in" mentality of the older database companies and promised attendees that AWS wouldn't hit customers with a hard sell on a new multiyear contract right at the end of the quarter, under pressure to make its numbers.
Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. The company will share insights into the future of the video ecosystem across a series of conference sessions, technology demonstrations and other educational events as well as unveil several new solutions to help content providers take full advantage of next generation video processing workflows.
- AWS customers running DynamoDB databases can now sign up for a public preview of Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator, which promises to speed up read-intensive database queries.
- Indian 'rhetoric' on Jadhav fuelling hatred against Pakistan: Islamabad
- Sweden terrorist attack suspect was rejected refugee, showed IS sympathies
- North Korea threatens 'all out war'
- 1200 imprisoned Palestinian terrorists launch hunger strike
- Gerard Pique confident Barcelona will bounce back in El Clasico
- Mexican's immigration status is in dispute over deportation
- Norwegian to launch low-priced flights to Singapore
- Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz is not running for re-election
- Global Economy Gaining Momentum-For Now