According to NBCNews.com, the private Bombardier Challenger 604 was flying from the Maldives to Berlin, Germany, on January 7 when it passed 1,000 feet under an Airbus A380 and into the massive plane's wake turbulence caused by the engines and wingtips.
The near-disaster, in which passengers were seriously injured and the plane was damaged beyond fix, took place in January.
An incident in which an executive jet was flipped on its back, rolled over and plunged 10,000 feet after hitting turbulence caused by an A380 is being investigated by aviation safety authorities.
There were several Airbus A380 planes in the air over the Arabian Sea on the day of the incident.
The private jet was carrying 11 passengers and crew and cruising at 34,000ft near Oman when it passed an Airbus A380, which is understood to have been an Emirates flight from Dubai to Sydney.
Several of the passengers on the private jet were injured, including one person who was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries.
The incident was especially unsafe at the cruising altitudes which are known as "coffin corner" because any sudden movement from normal flight carries a high risk.
"With the A380 vs Challenger 604 incident, there is now growing concern amongst aircrews about the effects of the A380's wake turbulence", the Flight Service Bureau, an information source for air operators, told Travel Weekly.
"This is a recovery that is in the same category as the "Miracle on the Hudson", referring to the feat in which a United States pilot landed his plane safely on the Hudson river in 2009".
The near-disaster, in which passengers were seriously injured and the Challenger aircraft damaged beyond fix, has accelerated moves by regulators to counter the danger caused by the wakes of big airliners.
- Halla a su hermana drogada; la exhibe para generar conciencia
- Tres franceses heridos en atentado de Londres
- Nacen 'Romeo y Julieta' en el mismo hospital
- Deutsche Bank rises after forex probe closed in US
- " "Rosetta Stone Inc (RST) Given Average Rating of " by Analysts
- Reese Witherspoon thrilled to learn of Irish heritage
- Revelan aterradores detalles sobre la muerte de Paul Walker
- Wary RBNZ Leaves Rates On Hold
- Agreden a aeronave militar
- Swatch Develops Its Own OS; Threatens Apple Watch & Google Android Wear