Deadliest Catch star Sig Hansen has been accused of molestation by his daughter, and now a disturbing sketch she made as a little girl will be included in the explosive lawsuit filed against him.
Sig Hansen, 50, is named as a defendant in a court declaration filed in Seattle, Washington, by Melissa Eckstrom.
Hansen, however, has denied the accusations saying that they are just "an old-fashioned shakedown" attempt.
'I have memories of my father hurting my genital region.
Hansen's daughter, Melissa Eckstrom, now a 28-year-old family law attorney in Seattle, contends in a lawsuit that she battled depression, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, and other trauma.
The documents of the lawsuit have been filed back in November of a year ago but the case was made public just now because Mellissa finally chose to make her identity known.
However, in her lawsuit, Eckstrom has attached a letter from the county deputy prosecutor's office dated 1990 along with medical findings and a therapist's evaluation that was produced by her mother Lisa during her divorce proceedings.
"I'm a pretty plain-spoken guy, and to me, this is nothing more than a shakedown".
A deputy prosecutor's letter, written in August 1990 to Eckstrom's mother, states that "the information at hand suggests that Mr Hansen has acted in a sexually inappropriate manner" towards his daughter. The allegations are completely false, rehashed lies my ex-wife Lisa Eckstrom used almost 30 years ago to take away my daughter and has continued to try to use to extort money from me.
The case is now in limbo, as all involved parties wait for the Washington Court of Appeals to make a decision on whether or not it will go to trial.
Melissa alleges that her father, from whom she has been estranged for most of her life, touched her inappropriately in 1990 after he and her mother separated.
Hansen, who has starred in The Deadliest Catch since 2005, gave up his parental rights on Eckstrom after the divorce. In a lawsuit filed past year, Melissa Eckstrom contends that she suffered eating disorders, battled depression and wrestled with suicidal thoughts throughout her childhood. She is also quoted in the 1990 documents as saying "daddy hurt my bottom", and that he poked her with his "big peepee".
- The Tahoe Resources Inc (TAHO) Given Average Rating of "Buy" by Analysts
- Who Went Home on 'Survivor' 2017? Week 3 Spoilers & Recap
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV
- Noteworthy Mover of Last Trading Session: Viavi Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAV)
- More speed, but will Formula One be more of the same?
- ABC News, 'GMA' Twitter feeds hacked
- Colectividad boliviana en Paraguay pide a Chile costas sobre el mar
- "Smoke of Dreams" su canción de estreno de Thurston Moore
- Alberto Barba obtiene amparo contra juicios políticos
- Samsung Galaxy S8 may have smaller battery than Note 7