The WTTC's Impact Research report for 2017 shows that while the U.S. travel and tourism sector is the worlds biggest, forecasted growth in the country's travel and tourism industry is likely to reduce to 2.3 per cent, a fall from 2016's rate of 2.8 per cent.
In a release published alongside the tourism report, the WTTC said for the U.S.to continue to grow, it was essential to address the current projected fall in inbound travel and reverse any harmful views that have been created by travel ban talk.
The U.S.'s business and leisure travel sector is No. 1 in the world and represents 20% of the world's travel and tourism GDP contribution, WTTC said.
The contribution of travel and tourism to the US's GDP will predominantly be stimulated by strong outbound expenditure, which is expected to grow by 5.4% in 2017.
Additionally, global visitor exports, which is money spent by foreign visitors, accounted for 6.6% of total world exports, and nearly 30% of total world services exports.
As a result of a strong dollar, travel overseas will be cheaper for United States citizens, with the most likely beneficiaries expected to be Canada and Mexico, as well as the Caribbean and Mediterranean destinations.
The WTTC said there are indications in flight search data that sentiment towards the United States has suffered significantly in recent weeks, as a outcome of the Trump Administration's controversial attempted travel ban on visitors from six predominantly Muslim countries.
"Speaking to CNBC, The WTTC's President David Scowsill said: "(The ban has) sent out a clear message to the world that the U.S. is actually closing, it's not open for business and it's not just the six countries that were targeted - it's actually showing in the advanced bookings around the whole world.
"For the USA to continue on this growth path, it is important to address the current forecast drop in inbound travel, and to reverse the negative perceptions created by the proposed travel ban. We urge the administration to recognize the importance of our sector, both to the economy and to American jobs".
- Amazon can judge your daily outfit choices
- 'Beauty and the Beast' nabs $357 million worldwide
- Listen to Robyn's New Song 'Honey' From 'Girls' Final Season
- Greeley Fire Department sends help to Sunshine Fire in Boulder
- Apple's Online Store Will Be Unavailable Tomorrow Due To 'Maintenance'
- Steve Kerr discredits Warriors 'sources' criticizing Thunder's Kevin Durant treatment
- Red Dead Redemption Project Bringing Full Map Into Grand Theft Auto V
- La app para controlar el uso infantil del celular — Family Link
- Movado Group, Inc (MOV) Updates FY18 Earnings Guidance
- Most Recent Analysts Ratings Jabil Circuit Inc. (JBL)