The mystery of Tom Brady's missing Super Bowl jersey led police to Mexico, and authorities were investigating a former tabloid newspaper executive's possible role in the theft.
FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer is reporting the Federal Bureau of Investigation and NFL security believe they found Tom Brady's stolen jersey on "foreign soil" and "somebody posing as worldwide media" had taken it.
The release says that Mauricio Ortega had quit his post as La Prensa's director on March 14 citing personal issues.
Acevedo declined to discuss the exact location of the recovery or details about the person suspected of swiping the memorabilia.
No arrests had been made as of late Monday.
It has been six weeks since Tom Brady and the New England Patriots won their fifth Super Bowl championship by defeating the Atlanta Falcons. ESPN reports that 20,000 credentials had to be examined to establish persons of interest.
Investigation began immediately following Super Bowl 51, as Brady could not locate his jersey - which Police valued at $500,000 - after placing it inside his bag.
Glazer also added that the Broncos believe some items were stolen from Von Miller, the MVP of Super Bowl 50, when the game was played in San Francisco.
"Proud @houstonpolice Major Offenders Divison traced Brady Jersey to Mexico & it has been recovered with help of FBI & Mexican authorities", the policeman wrote on Twitter. The Super Bowl is supposed to be one of the most secure events in the United States yearly, yet something like this happened.
"You don't come to Texas and embarrass us on our home turf", Acevedo told reporters.
A Patriots spokeswoman said the team had no comment. A Patriots spokeswoman said the team had no comment.
The AP reports that the jerseys are now in Boston being authenticated. Acevedo said that the jerseys are now in the hands of the National Football League in Boston.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Got 205000 Points On AnTuTu
- Uber President Jeff Jones Abandons Company Citing Uncouth Beliefs And Leadership
- Buffalo Bills re-sign wide receiver Brandon Tate
- Iniesta: I didn't want to move to Barca
- Global Automotive Thermostat Market 2017 - Mahle, Stant, Borgwarner, Hella
- Darren Helm out as Detroit Red Wings go up against Buffalo
- El invento perfecto: una impresora 3D de pizzas
- Will Undertaker Be Retired By Roman Reigns at WrestleMania?
- USA Hockey, women's players hold 'productive' talks
- All Blacks bugging accused to deny charge