It's a huge blow for both the player and club as Kane is now expected to be sidelined for a significant period of time having suffered a similar injury to the one he sustained earlier this season.
Kane suffered a similar injury back in September and was forced to miss ten games for his side in all competitions. "It's hard. It looks a similar situation to [the injury sustained against] Sunderland, but we'll see".
The club added: "Harry will continue to be assessed by our medical staff while he undergoes rehabilitation at our training centre".
Elaborating, Kane recognised the position that the Premier League leaders are now in, but noted that: "Chelsea might drop some points and we might get closer".
Tottenham play Southampton in the Premier League this weekend, but then fortunately for Spurs there is an global break, giving their star player some time to recover without missing any club football.
"Always come back stronger from injuries and will be working hard with the medical staff to do that again".
The 23-year-old took to Twitter to thank everyone for their messages of support.
With the red-hot Kane no longer at manager Mauricio Pochettino's disposal, Southampton now have a real opportunity to get a point or even three at second-placed Tottenham.
"Some of the teams in the top four are playing each other in the next few weeks so there is an opportunity for us to push on now".
Tottenham have indicated that Harry Kane could return from injury in time for next month's FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea. Fans will therefore be praying for a quick recovery for their star striker.
He wrote: "For six months they had high hopes of ending the season as champions".
- Dems Might Want To Consider Supporting House Health Bill
- Matan a un hombre para quitarle una botella de ron
- Registran en frontera México-EU la cifra más baja de arrestos
- Siniestra explosión de carro bomba en Bagdad mató a 23 personas
- Buscan detener muro de Donald Trump
- EEUU: FBI no tiene pruebas que apoyen acusaciones de Trump contra Obama
- State to name Mike Balado as men's basketball coach
- Trump no planea retirar su acusación de espionaje contra Obama ni disculparse
- Choferes suspenden servicio de transporte en Oaxaca
- Milwaukee Bucks defeat New York Knicks 104-93, win season series