"We are just before the Passover holiday, and there is no doubt that terrorist infrastructures, mostly the established one, and specifically Hamas, will try to agitate the area and carry out attacks", Nadav Argaman, Shin Bet's Chief Officer, stated during his address to the Israeli parliament's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, according to the Jerusalem Times.
Attempts by Palestinian terrorists to carry out attacks against Israel will intensify in the coming month, ahead of the Passover holiday, the head of the Shin Bet (Israel's Security Agency) warned.
He further said that in the face of so-called "lone wolf" terrorists with no explicit ties to a terrorist group, the Shin Bet has developed new technologies and operational techniques. Arrested terrorists often cite concern over the Temple Mount as a motivation for their attacks.
Days before that, the Shin Bet cleared for publication that it had uncovered a Hamas network of students in the West Bank last month.
It is not uncommon for Israeli security agencies to warn of increased terror risks prior to holidays.
Meanwhile, Israel has seen a spike in arrests over support for the Islamic State or al-Qaida terror groups, with at least 83 Palestinians and Israeli-Arabs prisoners or detainees held in Israeli prisons on suspicion of activities or links to Salafist jihadist groups as of late February.
- Gastar Exploration Inc (GST) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results, Meets Expectations
- Senators Ask Roger Stone to Keep Any Russian Documents
- Sobrino de la Ex congresista María Isabel Urrutia es asesinado por intolerancia
- Is Secret of Mana 2 Switch's first Virtual Console game?
- Derek Brunson vs. Dan Kelly planned for UFC Auckland
- PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL) Broker Views On Wall Street
- Ecuador ya está instalado en Paraguay
- Recent Trading Updates: McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD)
- Have a look at Price Move: Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO)
- Nivin Pauly And Major Ravi To Join Hands For A Movie!