Opposition leader Alexei Navalny was doused in bright green antiseptic by an unknown assailant Monday on a campaign trip to Siberia, and quickly sought to make the best of it on his blog.
The attack reportedly happened as the leading Kremlin critic and anti-corruption campaigner stopped to shake a man's hand in the Siberian city of Barnaul. "Maybe they thought I would stop recording video's with a green face".
Navalny is touring Russian Federation ahead of the 2018 presidential election in which he will challenge incumbent Vladimir Putin.
Navalny, 40, is travelling around Russian Federation opening campaign headquarters although a criminal conviction for fraud bars him from running in next year's election.
He is widely followed on social media and in 2011 he urged people to vote for anyone but Putin's United Russia, which he called the "party of crooks and thieves", a term that has stuck, much to Putin's chagrin. Navalny was greeting locals on the street when he was splashed with the green substance which is known to be extremely hard to remove. He said the man then jumped into a auto that drove him to the regional administration headquarters. Cool. Even my teeth are green!'
"I'm a bit anxious about my teeth: they are green too!"
- EC for life ban on convicts
- China to fund weapon building in Pakistan
- Los colombianos comenzaron a rodar este lunes en la Vuelta a Cataluña
- In Syria, deal struck to allow rebels to leave city of Homs
- Jones deja manilla en manos a Colombia
- Price Target Analysis of General Motors Company (GM)
- United Kingdom foreign secretary discusses drought on Somalia trip
- IDFC Bank is first to start Aadhaar-based pay
- Olivier Giroud wants Arsene Wenger to stay at Arsenal
- Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for March 20, 2017