Overland Park firefighters are battling a blaze that consumed a four-story apartment complex under construction and quickly spread to neighboring homes.
Firefighters responded to the apartment fire at around 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Aerial pictures from KSHB-TV show the fire.
"(It's a) rapidly-growing fire, probably a lot of fuel in there with all the construction material and whatnot", Rhodes said at a news conference. The fire spread to some nearby homes in the area. There is no word of any injuries. The building is still under construction and officials say no one was living there at the time.
Despite the giant fire and the multiple homes set alight, no injuries have been reported.
Fire crews are fighting a fire at the The Royale at CityPlace in Overland Park.
"It's a bit of a war zone down there frankly", said Overland Park Fire Department spokesman Jason Rhodes told local media.
"There has been nothing of this magnitude in my 10 years here", said Rhodes. All the fire departments are sending people to help us. He came home and learned his house was also on fire. Some homeowners tried to fight the fires with garden hoses. However, he did acknowledge that, when you are connected to your neighbor, what happens in one unit will impact others.
- Downer's new Spotless shares cross, now for the raising
- China to fund weapon building in Pakistan
- Liverpool draw 'one of my happiest days' - Guardiola
- Details on Watch Dogs 2 DLC, Human Conditions
- Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for March 20, 2017
- Los colombianos comenzaron a rodar este lunes en la Vuelta a Cataluña
- Harvey Norman receives 'please explain' notice from Australian stock exchange
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny splashed with green liquid in Siberia
- Jones deja manilla en manos a Colombia
- Olivier Giroud wants Arsene Wenger to stay at Arsenal