Overall, J.C. Penney will shutter 138 stores across the country - nearly a quarter of the total in just in four states. Here's a list of nearby locations that will shutdown.
The two area stores are the only Florida locations among the 138 the Plano, Texas-based retail chain announced Friday it would close.
J.C. Penney store locations at the King of Prussia Mall, the Philadelphia Mills Mall, and at Willow Grove Park will all be shut down possibly as soon as June, the company said. The company has $4.3 billion debt that it hopes to erase.
The closings will affect about 5,000 J.C. Penney employees. But almost 6,000 workers will get an opportunity for an early retirement program.
"Closing a store is never an easy decision, especially given the local impact on valued employees and our most loyal shoppers", Ellison said in a statement. The company filed a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification notice with the state Wednesday that it will lay off 119 employees there between May 19 and October 27.
J.C. Penney is one of several big box retailers closing underperforming stores this year.
Meanwhile, another "store closing" sign also went up in Pendleton last week - Radio Shack in Melanie Square.
- Refuerza la Marina Armada de México operativos en Acapulco
- Britain to launch European Union exit process on March 29
- Russian Federation assures Afghanistan that contacts with Taliban limited to peace process
- AJ McLean's Wife Gives Birth to Baby Girl - What's Her Name?
- No update on Brianna Turner's knee injury from Notre Dame until Tuesday
- Lookout for Price Target? Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR), Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK)
- Pochettino: Dele Alli's so good he could go in goal
- Hundreds Of 9/11 Victims And Their Family Members Are Suing Saudi Arabia
- Woman shot to death near Flamingo and Maryland Pkwy
- Woody Harrelson has apparently quit smoking weed