The New York Giants signed Geno Smith. That desperation is perhaps best highlighted by the Chicago Bears giving Mike Glennon a three-year contract worth $45,000,000 to be their starting QB despite the fact that his 18 National Football League starts have been sub-par on a good day.
During the season, Kaepernick and the 49ers restructured his contract so that Kaepernick could essentially opt out and become a free agent.
Colin Kaepernick had a pretty good season playing quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers last season, all things considered. "But we're not going to close our mind or out options on anyone, including him", Lynch said in an interview with KNBR. But Lynch said Friday the chances have gone down since the team added two quarterbacks in free agency.
"We'll continue to look", Shanahan said.
So why no interest in Kaepernick?
There will continue to be New York Jets rumors that also include Kaepernick until the team has a new quarterback in place. It wasn't necessarily vintage Kaepernick, but it wasn't bad either.
Still, Mr. Lee, an activist and avid sports fan, says something is "mad fishy" about the professional silence, given the quarterback's controversial decision not to stand for the national anthem before games.
There have been many quarterbacks signed this offseason, and not all of them were particularly good on the field previous year. Bleacher Report quoted an unnamed general manager who estimated that 70 percent of league executives "genuinely hate" Kaepernick after his protest.
"I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did", the GM went on.
A lot of fans, myself included, fall into that boat as well. "They think there might be protests of Trump will tweet about the team". Then there's another 10% that has a mix of those feelings.
General managers saw what happened in San Francisco, and none of them want to take the risk of potential public backlash. "They want to move on".
Kaepernick was in the news again this weekend when he helped to raise over $1 million for the people of Somalia. His career may not survive his stance.
- Overland Park Subdivision Ablaze After Apartment Fire Spreads
- Details on Watch Dogs 2 DLC, Human Conditions
- Downer's new Spotless shares cross, now for the raising
- Analyst Consideration on: Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Harvey Norman receives 'please explain' notice from Australian stock exchange
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny splashed with green liquid in Siberia
- Trump to host Iraq PM at White House
- Liverpool draw 'one of my happiest days' - Guardiola
- EBay Announces 'guaranteed Delivery' Service This Summer
- The Trump clan enjoys family vacation in Aspen