Brunson (16-5) will looking to snap his two fight losing streak.
Unlike his opponent, Lewis is now riding a wave of momentum that's saw him win six fights in a row in the UFC, with all but one having been finished with his fists. Of his five previous wins, Brunson scored four first round finishes. Kelly, 39, has won four straight in the UFC, most recently earning a split decision nod over former UFC 205-pound champ Rashad Evans on the UFC 209 undercard.
Hunt (12-11-1-1NC) has only won two of his last six fights under the UFC banner, with those wins coming over both Frank Mir and Antonio Silva. A heavy underdog heading into the fight, this win was undoubtably Kelly's most high-profile victory. Lewis ended all but one of these wins - a decision defeat of Nelson - by knockout or TKO.
Lewis vs. Hunt is expected to headline the UFC card from New Zealand with middleweights Derek Brunson and Dan Kelly also expected to face off on the June 10 event.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is close to getting signatures for a fan-friendly bangfest pitting fast-rising heavyweight power puncher Derrick Lewis opposite longtime veteran jaw-jacker Mark Hunt.
- Is Secret of Mana 2 Switch's first Virtual Console game?
- Nivin Pauly And Major Ravi To Join Hands For A Movie!
- Sobrino de la Ex congresista María Isabel Urrutia es asesinado por intolerancia
- Have a look at Price Move: Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO)
- Gastar Exploration Inc (GST) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results, Meets Expectations
- Recent Trading Updates: McDonald's Corporation (NYSE:MCD)
- Senators Ask Roger Stone to Keep Any Russian Documents
- Drake Already Released The Playlist We'll Hear All Summer
- Arsenal respond to claims over Dortmund boss Tuchel
- Victims in mind in United Nations plan to combat sex abuse by peacekeepers