Images have been released of a man police want to trace in connection with the attempted rape of a woman.
At about 18:20 GMT on 6 March the woman got off the EL2 bus in Wood Lane opposite Morrisons supermarket in Dagenham.
Disturbing CCTV footage revealed the suspect running from behind at the 22-year-old victim and throwing her on the pavement in Dagenham, in the city's east, reports the Evening Standard.
Scotland Yard said the attacker then removed his jeans and exposed himself to the victim.
But she defiantly fought him off, punching him in the stomach and shouting for help.
A driver in a passing vehicle stopped and phoned the police.
Police seized local CCTV of the attack, with cameras on the bus also capturing the suspect before he disembarked.
He launched his attack after they had turned the corner into Becontree Avenue and ran off back towards Wood Lane after he was disturbed.
Police said the man is aged in his 30s with fair hair and a short brown beard. He wore blue jeans.
Detective Constable Matt James, from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command, said: "The woman is very shaken from her ordeal".
"She was able to shout for help and use self-defense to flee from her attacker".
Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the incident on Monday at around 6.30pm to get in touch.
- Desaparece policía federal en Irapuato
- Neuer withdraws from Germany squad
- German Defense Ministry says "no debt at NATO" after Trump's tweets
- Expresa AMLO respeto a Ejército
- SL will sign several agreements with China: President
- Checking the Recommendations for Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR)
- Firing by SSB: Tension along Nepal border
- Barcelona's Neymar eyes Premier League switch in the future
- Colin Farrell to star as Oliver North in Amazon miniseries
- Saudi Arabia Cut Crude Exports in January After OPEC Agreement