We haven't seen or heard much from Blake Bortles this offseason. This is the same off-season training program Bortles went with prior to the start of the 2015 season.
Bortles had an encouraging sophomore season in the National Football League, throwing for a franchise-record 4,428 yards, 35 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. "I feel really good as far as where I'm at mechanically, and how the ball's coming out and how it's spinning and all that".
"I really enjoyed the time I spent out there, I think it's been really beneficial", Bortles said at his charity golf event on Sunday at The King & Bear golf course. "That was probably the main focus and then a couple of tweaks here and there". Next week, Bortles will be traveling to Arizona to work out with Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns.
Should the same issues plague the young passer, though, general manager Dave Caldwell may begin questioning whether Bortles-who has an option for the 2018 season-can be Jacksonville's long-term option at quarterback. As of three weeks ago, the Jaguars were undecided. The team has until May 3 to exercise a fifth-year option on Bortles' contract that would pay him over $18 million.
"I'm confident with what I've done this offseason and that I'll be able to come help this team be as good as we possibly can be".
All things considered, the better play may be to give Bortles the incentive that comes from having a contract year, fully prepared to do whatever they have to do to keep him around if in Year Four he becomes the guy they thought he was going to be when they drafted him. "I look forward to playing football".
- No update on Brianna Turner's knee injury from Notre Dame until Tuesday
- Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant Now Available on iPhone
- Pochettino: Dele Alli's so good he could go in goal
- Russian Federation assures Afghanistan that contacts with Taliban limited to peace process
- Britain to launch European Union exit process on March 29
- Lookout for Price Target? Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR), Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK)
- Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU) Shooting Higher to New Recent High
- Woody Harrelson has apparently quit smoking weed
- Refuerza la Marina Armada de México operativos en Acapulco
- JC Penney closing two Northeast Florida stories, 115 jobs lost