Kalamazoo Central senior Isaiah Livers completed a sweep of MI high school basketball's top individual honors Monday, after claiming the state's Gatorade Player of the Year award in addition to his Mr. Basketball selection.
"It means a lot", Livers said of the award.
Livers will be the first Michigan Mr. Basketball to attend Michigan since Manny Harris. Livers is ranked as the No. 2 player in the state of MI, according to 247Sports, behind only Tillman.
At a towering and still growing 6-8, 220 pounds, Livers is hoping to cap off his progress with a state championship this week.
Kalamazoo Central will play Michigan State-bound Tillman and Grand Rapids Christian (25-0) in a Class A state quarterfinal Tuesday night at Lansing Eastern.
He's averaging 18 points, 14 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.4 blocks and 1.7 steals, all while shooting better than 40 percent from behind the arc and knocking down better than 80 percent of his freebie attempts.
Livers edged out Grand Rapids Christian's Xavier Tillman for the Mr. Basketball title, even though Tillman received more first-place votes.
- Charges pending against Dixon student after report of gun on school property
- 4-year-old boy dies in accidental hanging in dressing room
- Un emocionado Villalobos se sinceró tras el millonario fraude en Carabineros
- No hay evidencia que apoye denuncias de Trump sobre espionaje — FBI
- "La Argentina parece tener un piso estructural de pobreza" — Salvia
- 96 procesados por pandillerismo en lo que va de 2017 — Ministerio Público
- NCAA tourney scores big TV viewership numbers including games in Orlando
- Bolivia completó el plantel pensando en Colombia y Argentina
- The Western Union Company (WU) Closed last trading session at $20.4
- Tabárez, sobre el duelo ante Brasil: "No hay partido más motivante"