The 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion was dueling with Joey Logano on Sunday in Las Vegas with the two racers battling for a top-5 finish at the third race of the season. Joey Logano races hard and he could sometimes get close to that line of being dirty but even he wouldn't intentionally wreck someone for 3rd place. As Busch went to go around Keselowski, he clipped the No. 22 Ford of Joey Logano.
Logano was restrained and pulled away from the pile as Busch got swarmed by Logano's crew members and dragged to the ground.
There wasn't much talking, there was a lot of swinging. Pole winner Brad Keselowski led Truex just two laps from the end until the former reported trouble with his auto.
Kyle Busch was one of three drivers to get caught for speeding on pit road, with the pass-through penalty leaving him a lap down. Nothing intentional. I understand his frustration; he crashed.
"It was a gift", Truex said of getting the win when Keselowski's auto sputtered.
"It started vibrating about four or five laps there before it blew out, and I was just trying to ride it to the end of the stage there", Harvick said. "It wouldn't turn and I lost brakes". "We know we're capable of running up front but we just have to make sure we execute as the race goes on". Keselowski was able to drive his hobbled vehicle to a fifth-place finish.
Keselowski, who was in position for consecutive wins this season and to repeat in Sin City, was not sure what happened to his auto. You just pick up the pieces and move on.
With 12 laps remaining in the first stage, Kevin Harvick had a tire blow out on his No. 4 Mobil1 which sent him into the wall just before turn one.
Truex called Sunday's victory a dream come true.
Heading into Las Vegas, Logano and Busch sat fifth and 19th in the standings, respectively.
Being on a different pit cycle, Jimmie Johnson took the lead when Truex pitted on Lap 210, but Truex was back at the front when Johnson pitted on Lap 229. Half of the drivers in the top 10 through two races are 26 or younger. The incident that resulted in the heated exchange occurred in turns three and four just as race victor Martin Truex Jr. took the checkered flag. During the post-race show, the Fox cameras caught the pit road brawl that took place when Busch tried to go after Logano. That put him nearly 30 seconds ahead of Truex, who was leading before the pit stops began.
- Sioux Falls considered one of top cities to celebrate St. Patrick's Day
- La locura de Messi: festejó con la gente el gol decisivo
- The Vampire Diaries season 8, episode 16 (series finale)
- Se suspende la fecha 10 del Clausura 2017 de la Liga MX
- El Atlanta del Tata Martino logra una histórica goleada bajo la nieve
- Compare Syracuse basketball NCAA Tournament resume with last four teams in
- "Renuncio si demuestran que amenacé al árbitro" — Ricardo Peláez
- Signs show April the giraffe is 'ready for launch sequence,' zoo says
- Kailyn Lowry Pregnant: 'Teen Mom 2' Baby Daddy Name Revealed?
- Analyst Research Summary: Senior Housing Properties Trust (NASDAQ:SNH)