An earthen dam failed north of Montello, sending water down Thousand Springs Creek and flooding buildings at the Gamble Ranch.
The weather service stated there were reports of at least 2 to 3 feet of water rapidly moving downstream Wednesday night.
The rural area affected is situated is near the Utah border and about 30 miles northeast of Wells, a key Nevada city along Interstate 80. "This reservoir has the potential to over top and could result in additional flooding downstream", stated a weather service warning posted at 3 p.m.
The flash-flood warning was extended into Thursday as water continues to pour out of that breached dam.
Significant flash flooding was reported in Montello and the authorities have closed State Route 233 from Interstate 80 at Oasis to Montello.
Elko County Sheriff Jim Pitts said that basements have been flooded in Montello.
The agency advised people in the area to take immediate action and move to higher ground, calling it a risky and life-threatening situation.
- Romanian Protesters call For Government to Resign
- Former Corrine Brown Chief Of Staff Pleads Guilty In Fraud Case
- Cop who shot Philando Castile 'indeed saw gun,' his attorneys say
- Murray to take on Roger Federer at event
- Mexico beat Iceland with Alan Pulido victor
- Rob Kardashian, Blac Chyna Cheating Scandal: Kim Kardashian And Sisters Intervene
- Delfín también prohíbe la entrada de la Sur Oscura al estadio Jocay
- Twitter Takes More Steps To Clamp Down Abuse and Hate - FOX10 News
- Eiffel Tower to get 2.5-metre glass security wall
- Amargo debut oficial de Carlos Tevez en el Shanghai Shenhua